Hello, and Welcome to our Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner Review. There are many products in the Dolphin line that have the name Nautilus but the CC Plus is the one that sounds like it should be at the higher end of the scale.
As a result, it isn’t uncommon for pool owners to assume that they are getting a more advanced product with better tech and cleaning power. So, what do you actually get with this Dolphin robot, and is it worth purchasing?
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Listen To Me?
- 2 Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner Review
- 3 Pros and Cons
- 4 The Final Verdict Of This Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Review (4.5/5)
- 5 Other Robotic Pool Cleaners Worth Considering
Why Listen To Me?
My name is Wendy Owens and I have been around privately owned pools all of my life. My parents owned a in-ground pool, and my husband and I have owned both, above ground and in-ground pools.
My Husband and I used pool cleaning services when we first were married almost thirty years ago. To save a little money we slowly took over our pool cleaning chores. Now we love being outdoors and doing our own backyard chores.
We have been using robotic pool cleaners since the mid to late 90’s, trying to save some time in our pool cleaning chores. They are a little expensive, but they have been getting cheaper and better as time goes by.
So now, lets answer that initial question, what do you get with this dolphin robot and is it worth purchasing. Let me be perfectly hones here, this isn’t the most advanced or interesting Nautilus despite the name.
Others do more with better brushes. Also, other Dolphin robots are smarter. However, there are also many user-friendly features. This machine will save you several hundred dollars over other Dolphin products, so only you can decide if this machine is worth the money.
Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner Review
Suitable For Any Pool:
The idea of a Dolphin robot pool cleaner being suitable for any pool is nothing new. There are a lot of products where you can place the device in any shape pool and get great results.
Here, this adaptability adds to the sense that this robot is accessible and non-intimidating as a first-time tool. Anyone should be able to put this in their in-ground pool, regardless of its shape, and see a good result.
The only limitation is that it can’t handle anything larger than 50ft. But, it has the 60ft cord and the anti-tangle swivel for better maneuverability.
A Simple Cleaning Process:
There isn’t a lot to mention about the cleaning process of this product and few special features. But, that is a plus side to this beginner-friendly device.
You don’t have to get overwhelmed by tools and cycles and instead can leave it to clean with ease. There is a simple brush on the front where the combination of the scrubbing action and 4500gph suction allows for effective dirt removal.
One big negative of the Nautilus CC Plus is that is does not climb the wall all the way up and does not clean the water line. This is part of the design and is unfortunate. The Water line is where a lot of your dirt and algae are stored and is often called the scum line.
If you were to buy this cleaning robot, keep in mind that you will have to scrub the pool line and half the pool walls by hand.
As you will see below, the ease of use is a big part of why this product is such a hit with buyers. Once you have the schedule set up and the filter in place, all you need to do is switch it on and let it go.
The most advanced bit of programming that users need to worry about here is the schedule. There are three settings to choose from – which is more than other products from Maytronics.
You may only need to set this up once a week, but you can also go for twice or three times depending on how often you use the pool.
The Best Features Of The Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus
- A top-loading filter basket for easy access.
- Two filters for capturing leaves and also finer dirt particles.
- The ability to schedule a weekly timer to stay on top of the chore.
- A long 2-hour session to get across a 50ft pool.
- A 60ft cable with an anti-tangle swivel system.
- A 4500gph suction system to make short work of dirt.
The majority of the best features of this Dolphin robot have been highlighted above in the cleaning process and the ease of use. There are other factors like the top-loading filter basket, but this is almost an expectation with these robots.
Aside from all this, it is also worth mentioning that this is quite a small and lightweight product. This boxy robot is 16 by 16 by 10 with the typical curves to help it through the water.
It weighs 20.8lb, so shouldn’t be too difficult to handle. There is a large adjustable handle on the top of this robot so you can carry it around with ease.
The cord feeds straight into the top of the body to reduce the risk of it getting tangled up.
What TheDolphin Robotic Pool Cleaner Doesn’t Have
For the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus review, we found one big red flag here for anyone that loves smart devices that they can connect to the internet and smartphones for a better experience. You don’t get any of that with this model.
It isn’t interested in your input in the slightest, so there is no app for manual controls or spot cleaning. This also means no stats about the schedules over time and no way of amending or delaying the system.
Does not clean the whole wall of the pool including the waterline. The unfortunate thing is that the waterline is where most of the dirt and grime accumulates.
Also, it is important not to confuse this model with the Dolphin Nautilus CC Supreme. The Supreme is different in that it has a more effective active brush and is designed to push itself further for waterline cleaning. The downside is that you have to pay a lot more for these added benefits and it is also a bit heavier.
Pros and Cons
- Pretty easy to use: Like so many of the best robotic pool cleaners, this Dolphin bot is designed for at little human interaction as possible. This is a plug-and-play model where you set the timer, put in the filter, put it in the pool, and let it get to work.
- The two filter systems can allow for a great clean: . The efficiency is enhanced by that combination of the fine filter and the one for leaves. The machine should handle whatever it comes across with relative ease.There isn’t much to worry about here as long as the filter basket has been cleaned out. It would have been nice to have an indicator for that, but the process is still nice and easy.
- More Energy-Efficient: It is also worth noting here that this device is said to be 8x more energy-efficient than standard suction and pressure cleaners. If true, this should be a nice bonus for those looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Lower cost: On that note, we can’t overlook the low cost of this device compared to so many other Dolphin products. This Nautilus retails for under $1000. This is a significant reduction on other models from Maytronics so great for those on a budget.
- Good Quality: The body is well-made and the brushes seem like they will last. If not, you can take advantage of the 2.5-year warranty scheme.
- The lack of smart technology: The lack of smart technology in this Dolphin product can’t be overstated. The name Plus leads to the assumption that this device is capable of a lot more than it actually is. The lack of any remote control elements and smartphone tools is just the start here.
- Some issues with the navigation, such as around obstacles: Some users also wish this was a little more intelligent when making its way around the bottom of the pool. Some other Dolphin products – typically those with a high price tag – have the cognitive capacity to see what is ahead of them and make a correction. That isn’t always the case here.
- Does not clean the waterline: On top of that, it is important to emphasize that performance on the bottom of the pool because there are issues getting this device to go anywhere else. There are times when it will climb a step or two and do an OK job on the walls. However, it doesn’t have the same determination or ability to get to the waterline as those more high-end products.
- With the two filter system, it has a filter for leaves, but it is not a large capacity filter like you find on other Maytronic Products.
- Lower Cost: I list this as a Negative and a Positive. This is where it is important to look at the negative side of that lower price tag. An affordable product is good for the budget but the company had to cut corners somewhere. The more expensive products are smarter and do a more thorough job cleaning the pool.
The Final Verdict Of This Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Review (4.5/5)
Overall, it is easier to recommend this product to first-time pool owners than to those that have had top robotic pool cleaners in the past. The cleaning power is fine, although not amazing, and the appeal likes more in that plug-and-play design and the simplicity of the processes.
This machine is great for beginners trying out a robot cleaner for the first time. In the future, you can always upgrade to something a little smarter.
Just remember if you want a high quality robotic pool cleaner, you get what you pay for here. This comes with a much lower price for a Dolphin, but it does not cover the entire swimming pool. If you buy this robot, you will have to clean half the pool walls, stairs, and the entire water line with a hand pool vacuum.