Hello, welcome to our review of the Dolphin Nautilus CC Supreme Robotic Pool Cleaner. The Dolphin brand from Maytronics has been around since 1983. They Have many high end pool cleaners. Can this machine live up to the expectations?
The answer is Yes, you can’t go wrong with this if you’re searching for a good robotic pool cleaner. You can clean your swimming pool’s walls, floors, and waterline with the Supreme.
Before we get to far into the Review I would like to introduce myself and let you know my background with robotic pool cleaner.
Table of Contents
- 1 So, Why Should You Listen To Me?
- 2 Dolphin Nautilus CC Supreme Robotic Pool Cleaner Review
- 3 Pros And Cons Of The Dolphin Nautilus CC Supreme
- 4 Final Verdict Of The Dolphin Nautilus CC Supreme Robotic Pool Cleaner Review (4.5/5)
- 5 Other Robotic Pool Cleaners Worth Considering
So, Why Should You Listen To Me?
My name is Wendy Owens and I have been around privately owned pools all of my life. My parents owned an in-ground pool, and my husband and I have owned both, above ground and in-ground pools.
We have been using robotic pool cleaners since we took over our pool cleaning chores in the mid to late 90’s, trying to save some time in our pool cleaning chores.
Let me tell you, they have really changed over the years. Getting better and more economical for everyone
The Dolphin Nautilus CC Supreme is rated as one our top 5 of the best robotic pool cleaners. For this robot, you must use the MyDolphin Plus App for this automatic pool cleaner. It is an easy and user-friendly smartphone app that allows you access to all of the features and settings available on this automatic pool cleaner.
What’s so good about this app and the automatic pool cleaner is that they both rely on a Wi-Fi connection. You may access the robotic pool cleaner and use the different settings it offers no matter where you are, as long as you have a Wi-Fi connection on your smartphone.
There are many particular options and functions that the MyDolphin Plus App offers you access to. You can turn on the robotic pool cleaner, set a custom cleaning schedule, and take direct control of the robotic pool cleaner, helping you to spot clean your pool.
In this review, we will go in-depth on all the different features, plus you will find out the pros and cons to the robot. Read to know more!
Dolphin Nautilus CC Supreme Robotic Pool Cleaner Review
The cleaning ability is exceptional. It isn’t surprising that it’s based on the Maytronics Dolphin brand, but it’s still a fun robot.
Everything about the robot is designed to ensure excellent cleaning every time. Each of those features and settings is beneficial since it gives you complete control over how the robotic pool cleaner operates, functions, and is used.
The dual cyclone motors drive not one, not two, but three active brushrolls. The front and back brushrolls scrape the pool’s base and wall hard to remove algae and grime, while the central brush sweeps material into the suction inlet.
The Nautilus can rise vertically to scrape away at your pool’s waterline, leaving it sparkling clean from above. Every submerged inch of your pool will be spotless, just like the day it was designed.
The Nautilus CC Supreme’s triple-threat, powerful scrubbing action is unrivaled by any other brand.
Easy to Set Up and Use
The Supreme requires no technical assistance to get started. Maytronics’ automatic pool cleaners are described as “plug and play,” and that’s precisely what you get.
The app provides a simple and easy design to access all the robot’s settings and functionalities. You can change these options to suit your needs. You can select your favorite cleaning mode, schedule start times, and even use the spot cleaning mode with these options for arranging a daily and weekly cleaning schedule for the robot.
The Supreme is compatible with the MyDolphin Plus mobile app, which you must download and connect to the robot over Wi-Fi on your smartphone.
Due to the lower energy consumption design, the operation cost is very minimal, so you may create as many cleaning plans as you need without worrying about wasting money.
Don’t have time to keep an eye on your pool cleaner? Not a problem. You may use your Android or iPhone to control the robotic pool cleaning.
The MyDolphin Plus app has a tilt-to-move option, a spot-clean mode, and a smooth-scrolling manual drive. The MyDolphin Plus app offers a planner and the ability to initiate a cleaning cycle on demand.
With this function, you can delay the start option and select a different cycle for each day of the week. You may check the app for the percentage complete and estimated finish time as it cleans.
Multiple Cleaning Mode
There are three cleaning modes to select from: “Quick Clean,” “Standard Clean,” and “Enhanced Clean.” Through the MyDolphin Plus App, you can access all three cleaning modes, which allow you to clean your pool in various ways.
When selecting the “Quick Clean” mode, your swimming pool’s floors are cleaned, but none of the other surfaces are. As the name implies, it is the cleaning mode to use if you need a rapid clean.
If you want something more comprehensive, choose “Standard Clean,” which enables the robotic pool cleaner to clean the pool’s walls, waterline, and floors.
If you want a very extensive and deep pool cleaning, “Enhanced Clean” is the most excellent mode to utilize because it guarantees that every space in your pool is cleaned and scrubbed thoroughly.
Massive Top-Loading Filter
Its pool vacuum boasts a massive top-loaded filter with one of the most extensive capacities in automatic pool cleaning. The initial layer of these filters is designed to catch material such as leaves, sticks, sand, and bugs.
The next layer is intended to capture microscopic particles such as pollen and dust.
However, due to narrow cavities in previous generations of cartridges, the Dolphin Supreme eliminates this problem with its revolutionary SnapLock filters, easy to disassemble and clean.
IntelliScan Technology, which uses several sensors to build a digital blueprint, is pre-installed on this machine.
Maytronics’ proprietary anti-tangle swivel cord is also used on the Nautilus, which allows the robot to twist and turn without breaking the cord. The power cord is long enough to allow unrestricted underwater movement in pools up to 40 feet long.
Thanks to its high-traction tracks, the Nautilus can climb over pool walls and steps with reasonable ease. It then utilizes clever computations to design the most effective cleaning route in your pool, ensuring that every moment it spends underwater isn’t spent repeating the same pass over the same region.
Full Pool Coverage
It can reach every corner and curve, whether your pool is 16 by 32 kidney-shaped or 20 by 40 rectangular. This cutting-edge machine is suitable for in-ground pools up to 40 feet long.
It can climb walls, scoot on floors, and suction at the waterline. The swivel cord is one of Maytronics’ most popular features. This cord turns 360 degrees to keep it from tangling, and it’s mostly seen on high-end residential and commercial pool robots.
You’ll never have to come to the robot’s aid because it includes an anti-tangling swivel cord.
Anti-Tangle Swivel Cable
If you’ve ever had pool cleaner equipment, you know how frustrating it is to return to your pool and discover tangled cables. Not only it’s difficult to untangle, but there is also a possibility that you have to restart the cleaning process!
The Dolphin Supreme solves these problems with its 60-foot anti-tangle line, which allows a complete rotation without wearing out or degrading.
Thanks to several buoys, the cable remains on the pool’s surface. As a result, you can trust this equipment to clean and scrub your pool without supervision.
Pros And Cons Of The Dolphin Nautilus CC Supreme
- Premium features are available. The Nautilus CC Supreme rises above the competition as the Rolls Royce of robotic vacuum cleaners thanks to cutting-edge capabilities. Three scrubbing brushes are included and two types of filters: a mesh filter for general use and a finer particulate filter for silt, sand, algae, and other tiny particles.
- The suction rate is high. The suction rate of any pool cleaner, robotic or not, is the most significant feature. If the unit fails in this area, you’ve essentially wasted your money. Fortunately, this equipment meets and exceeds this standard. You’d be hard-pressed to find a vacuum cleaner with a suction power of 4500 GPH.
- In comparison to other affordable variants, this model has a longer lifespan. Even though this equipment is loaded with cutting-edge technology, it is remarkably durable. Many customers who have bought the unit claim that it lasts at least a few years before it needs to be serviced.
- Wi-Fi is available. This variant is Wi-Fi enabled and can be operated from your phone. You can create cleaning schedules, start and stop them with a single swipe, and program what kind of clean-up you want it to conduct all from your mobile device.
- Energy-efficient. The unit is also remarkably energy efficient for long-term cost savings. It is especially critical in light of rising energy costs, which may make pool cleaners a luxury only a select few can afford. The unit has a low average operating price of around 5 cents per hour.
- Since tanning ledges are too shallow, it won’t clean them. On the other hand, Swim-out benches will work well because they are in deeper water.
- There isn’t a remote control to be found. However, the smartphone app eliminates the need for one.
- It does not include a caddy. I’d recommend getting one if you anticipate you’ll need to move it rapidly from one location to another.
- Since it has problems responding to rapid changes in terrain, it has trouble ascending stairs. You might be able to get away with a ladder with large rungs if you have one.
- Only a digital version of the manual is provided
It is designed to clean big in-ground swimming pools mechanically with minimal human intervention, and it succeeds. The model’s “extended clean” option will thoroughly clean a filthy pool, regardless of how dirty or messed up it is.
This is a well-built device that cleans effectively and lasts, and with proper maintenance, it will outlast your expectations.
Maytronics is one of the world’s leading robotic pool cleaning manufacturers, and they stand behind their goods with a 3-year warranty on the Supreme.
Final Verdict Of The Dolphin Nautilus CC Supreme Robotic Pool Cleaner Review (4.5/5)
Finally, it is one of the best robotic pool cleaners available on the market. However, it is also costly, so make sure it is worth the money if you decide to get it.
It performs an excellent job of keeping your pool surface spotless. With this equipment, you’ll never have to spend back-breaking hours scrubbing tenacious algae and sludge from your pool walls again. You may sit back and relax while this small robot takes care of the rest.